- Professor Javaid Rehman
- BA, LLB (Hons), LLM, PhD
- Position/Fellowship type:
- Senior Associate Research Fellow
- Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
- Home institution:
- Brunel University
- Email address:
Research Summary and Profile
- Research interests:
- Summary of research interests and expertise:
Additional Professional Information
- FRSA, FAcSS.
- Advocate High Court, Pakistan, member Punjab Bar Council.
- Member of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn London; associate member of Garden Court North Chambers, Manchester.
- UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- OHCHR | Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Islamic Republic of Iran(Opens in new window)
- Professor Javaid Rehman - Garden Court North Chambers (gcnchambers.co.uk)
BOOKS AND ARTICLES:
‘Revisiting the Jihad Ideology in Islamic International Law and its Appropriation by Non-State Actors’ Human Rights Quarterly 2022, 417–440.
The Plight of Minority Rights in Pakistan’ in S. Juss (ed.) Pakistan and Human Rights (Lexington Books) 2021 (Co-authored), pp. 35–58
‘Islam, Terrorism and International Law’ in B. Saul (ed.) Research Handbook on Terrorism (Edward Elgar) 2020, pp. 168–179
The Rule of Law, Freedom of Expression and Islamic Law (Co-authored)
(Hart Publishing) 2018.