- Dr Katherine Hindley
- PhD in Medieval Studies, Yale University in 2017; MA (Oxon.) in English and an MSt in Medieval Studies (both University of Oxford)
- Position/Fellowship type:
- Visiting Research Fellow
- Institute of English Studies
- Home institution:
- Nanyang Technological University
- Email address:
Research Summary and Profile
- Research interests:
- English Literature
- Summary of research interests and expertise:
Katherine Hindley is Assistant Professor of Medieval Literature at NTU, Singapore. Her current project studies words at their most powerful, examining the medieval belief that spoken charms and written amulets could physically change the world.
Her research has been supported by Singapore’s Ministry of Education, the Medieval Academy of America, the Bibliographical Society of America, and the Josephine de Karman Fellowship, among others. Katherine received her PhD in Medieval Studies from Yale University in 2017, and also holds degrees from the University of Oxford. As of 2019, Katherine is Acting Director of the London International Palaeography Summer School.