- Mr Michael Donnay
- MSc in Digital Humanities (UCL); AB in History (Georgetown University)
- Digital Projects Officer
- Digital Humanities Research Hub
- Email address:
Research Summary and Profile
- Research interests:
- Academic Support, Digital resources, Digitisation, History, Modern History , Regional history
- Research keywords:
- Digital Humanities, Project Management, History of Education, Data
- North America, United Kingdom
- Summary of research interests and expertise:
As the Digital Projects Officer I provide project, research and administrative support across the Hub. Prior to joining the School of Advanced Study, I worked as a stage and production manager in theatre with a focus on new and community-engaged work. I earned my MSc in Digital Humanities at UCL, where my research focused on social network analysis, digital history, and structured humanities data.
My personal research currently focuses on the history of higher education in the nineteenth century, in particular examining migration and international mobility at universities in the United Kingdom and the United States. This research uses digital techniques such as social network analysis, natural language processing (NLP) and handwritten text recognition (HTR).
- Professional Affiliations
Name Activity Ruth Watts Fellow (2022), History of Education Society